Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Post #9

An interesting web-based tool that I would probably use in teaching a classroom would most likely be wiki. I am not to familiar with different softwares, but I am pretty sure that wiki would be the best tool, since if I am going to be teaching, it will most likely be English. I believe wiki would be most beneficial because, the children are free to make up their own websites and venture into making and creating different stories and projects by themselves. http://www.wikispaces.com/

I am not too sure what technology-related skills I would like to learn next, because I am still pretty much stuck on a few of the ones many of my classmates have mastered. I feel like we flew by Microsoft word and excel. Even though we did get training for the two for a couple of weeks, it just frustrates me that I haven’t been able to master it myself. Sometimes, I feel that it is because I have a Mac, and they sometimes operate differently. I will still try my best to catch up and teach myself how to do those skills. Other than those, I am not sure what I would like to learn, maybe about all the possible online resources I may have looked over while searching the web.

I believe I will achieve my future educational technology-related goals by practicing and applying all that I have learned in this class. I will also like to extend my learning to further education. I believe once that I use these skills in my other classes, as I get into my major, the easier it will be for me and the more comfortable I will become.

No comments: