Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Research Promt #4

I haven't really learned a great deal more on how to study better, or different ways that will help me. I just need to start studying ahead, and not try to cram everything in the night before. I also need to find a quiet place to study, where I am alone and free from distractions. I always gt everything done and completed right away, when I am alone and there is no one to distract me by talking, or a television blaring. Next semester I definately need to always put studying the right way first.

There is a great deal of difference between reading for fun and reading for learning. Unless it is something that interests you, reading for learning is not going to benefit me. I could think of a million other things that I could be doing with my time when I am reading informational books that I know I'll never use again. However, when I am reading for fun, it is usually something that greatly interests me, like literature. I can learn a great deal of information that I can put into use when I read something that I am really excited about learning. That is the difference.

Whenever I get confused about what I have just read, I try to re-read back over the material. If that doesn't help me, then I will try techniques, such as making flash cards and quizzing myself, or outlines. This way, it is much more organized for me and the information is spread out in steps that I can better understand for my benefit.

The next time I take a class that requires me to do a great deal of work outside of class time I will think about my future schedule. Do I have a lot of classes that seem difficult, that I need to focus on. If so, I may take the one that interests me the most, otherwise, I will be in big trouble when there is too little of time to do all the work that is required of me from all of the classes. If it the only class, I would take it and just try my hardest and work the longest I could on it to get a good grade and feel better about myself!

No comments: