Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blog #8

Today I just read chapter 8 of my textbook. I have learned a lot reading this and would like to discuss it. On of these things was security issues on a computer. Many computers can receive viruses. A virus is a computer program that is used to purposely harm your computer. I learned about how you can protect your computer from these such viruses. There really isn’t any way you can protect your computer from not receiving them at all, but a person should know what they can do to possibly avoid getting one. A virus can be transferred from the internet and you should avoid opening any emails or download anything to your computer that isn’t secure. I also learned about computer ethics which is the moral guidelines that govern the use of computers and their unauthorized use of computers, hardware, software and information theft, and information privacy. This speaks about the issues surrounding privacy and copyrights. The last thing I want to touch on that I learned is about emerging technologies. The types of emerging technologies I learned is digital media revolution, the worldwide web, educational software on DVD, assistive technologies, web and video enhanced digital textbooks, and web based distance learning.
I have learned since my last posting a lot about power point. Since we weren’t able to do it in class, my cousin taught me all I need to know and I feel like I could use anything on my computer. I also am learning more on Microsoft works and am able to handle more than I did before.
I am hoping that in the future, I am able to use powerpoint and master it. I want to go to either law school or graduate school and get my masters in psycology. No matter what path I choose to go down, I know I am going to need to know and master different functions of a computer, whether it be in an office typing up presentations, or in a classroom with students.

No comments: