I just read chapter 6 in my textbook entitled, "Technology, Digital Media, and Curriculum Integration." This chapter gave me some very useful information, such as curriculum, and how it should be applied to the classroom. Teachers can use curriculums to not only get recommendations, but also for curriculum-based lesson plans. I also learned about technology and curriculum integrations. Technology integration and curriculum integration is the same. It is a combination of all technology parts mixed in with subject-area curriculum to hel students advance in learning. However, this is not an easy thing to learn. This form of integration cannot be beneficial to students, if the teacher does not know what they are doing! This is a very important form for learning, because the technology feeds into the curriculum and helps children of all diverse learning to succeed. I also learned a lot about a model called the ASSURE Model, which is a procedural guide for delivering and planning instruction which helps integrate technology into the teaching process. This model has six steps. First, Analyze the learner. The teacher needs to know who their learners are, and what type of learning style fits them best. Secondly, State objectives; the teacher needs to figure out what they want the learner to get out of their instruction. Next is Select methods, media and material; what is appropriate and what are ou going to use to teach the learners. Fourth method in the Assure model is, Utilize methods, media and materials. How will the teacher use these methods and material to teach the learners. Next, the teacher must Require learning participation. What will the learners do during this time? All the students should be involved to help them to better learn. Lastly, the teacher must evaluate and revise. Did this lesson help teach the children? Could anything be revised? I also learned about the different learning theories and educational research. I found out that learning theories help the teacher to form instructional strategies and use technology integration into their teaching. In educational research, teachers learn to combine different educational strategies in the curriculum with technology to see what works best for their students.
Since my last post, I have still been practicing the microsoft word practice test. It is really difficult for me, because I feel that it doesn't give much description with what it wants you to do. I am not a very creative person on the computer, so it is hard for me to easily pick up on new information right away. I need to start learning to better see the different ways I can make my projects more creative.
I really want to go to law school and try my luck with that. I feel this class will help me to succeed in graduate school, because im sure a lot of microsoft word and excel will be used to create spread sheets. I worked at a law firm all through high school, and I know how difficult it is and how much information needs to be added to the computer. I know that this class will help me to feel more comfortable on the computer so it will make my job in the long run easier. If I choose to go down a different path, computer skills will always be beneficial whatever you do.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment