Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Post #5

I just finished reading chapter two of my textbook. It really was more of a review session for me, because I am pretty familiar with different forms of communications. However, it did teach me a few new things, such as the history of the internet. I learned about the ARPA(Advanced Research Projects Agency), which was first created as a way for the military to communicate with each other over the computers. I also learned what HTML stood for, which is Hypertext Markup Language, which defines where things such as graphics and texts are found on a webpage. I was refamiliarized with hyperlinks and the different kinds, and how a webpage works. Also, an FTP stands for a device that can share files over the internet with other computers. It was funny reading about email and instant messaging, because I feel like thats all I really know how to do on the computers!

I haven't really learned too many new skills since my last posting yesterday, but I feel a little more familiar with microsoft word and all the different tools on it, since we did about 100 examples yesterday in class!

I am really nervous about taking the test for microsoft word, however. I feel like some of it I can handle, but only when they give me the directions! I was trying the practice test, and I had to skip a lot, because SAM doesnt really explain it all too well!

No comments: